Solves and animates how to calculate the missing values of a wind triangle. This is a free of charge ap containing a small subset of the much richer Animated Flight Computer app.
A wind triangle consists of three speeds and three angles. This app allows you entering four of those six values to calculate the remaining two. It then explains how you get these results with an E6B flight computer, by animating it. It rotates the disk, slides it and add marks. It also shows what value to use for each step towards the solution.
Instead of entering data, the app contains a "-" and "+" button for each value. Tap them to decrease/increase a value or keep your finger on them to keep decreasing/increasing a value.
- Solves any kind of wind triangle problem and explains how to find those results on a flight computer.
- Contains an accurate visualization of a flight computer.
- Animates the different steps towards a solution.
- Tap the explain tab to get a short explanation of this app.
- Zoom in (two fingers gesture) and pan (one finger gesture) to ease accessing the data entry controls or to enlarge a part of flight computer.
- This app gives the best results on tablets
Watch the demonstration video.